Monday, January 8, 2007

Fears

This week was full of me being afraid and choosing to fight those fears head on instead of running away. To sum, what I did this week might be small but to me it was pretty huge. Let me explain.

At the moment I am looking for a job. I don't have to work, but I do because it gets me out of the house. I'm not one of those people who make a good housewife. I sit around all day on my computer or watchng T.V. Now I do have a two year old, so I do spend quite a bit of my time playing with him but still it's not the same as working. I've always had to work to support myself and now I find myself in the position that I can choose. Work or not to work, that is the question. Anyways, this post is about me and my fears.

The first one has to do with looking for a job. I think that's why the above paragraph was written. I got off the topic! Last Thursday I went on an interview. The place that I'm looking for a job has limited parking and sometimes if you lucky, they will give you a parking spot instead of having to park in a parking garage that you have to pay to use. This interview had such a spot. I was so happy, because I don't have the money to pay for parking at the moment. One problem tho--the spot was in such a place that I had to parrell park. I've never done that before and was in a state of panic because I was so afraid that I was not going to be able to put my car into that spot. I was totally freaking out and was afraid that I was going to miss my interview because there was no where I could park around the building without getting a ticket. So, what did I do? Well, I pulled forward and backwards and forwards and backwards ect... until I fit that fucker in the spot. I was so proud of myself. I know, it doesn't sound like a big deal, but to me it was huge. By the time I was done I had to sit there for a moment and compose myself couse I was so afraid I was going to hit the car in front or behind me.

The second fear I conquered was my fear of climbing latters and high places. Our house is falling apart around us and we have quite a few repairs that need to be done. This weekend we had to put a new roof on part of our house. I climbed the latter not once, but three times. Yes, I know I'm cool! I also went on top of our roof and stood there for several minutes. It was a nice view.

Also, this weekend coming up I may be taking part in a ghost hunt. I don't have the details yet, but it sounds like it could be cool and I've always wanted to do it. I will update all of you the hunt if I can go.

No comments: